Remove a low-profile PCIe x16 adapter
Use this information to remove a low-profile PCIe x16 adapter.
Before you remove a low-profile PCIe x16 adapter:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Locate the adapter.Figure 1. Adapter location
Disconnect the cables from the adapter if any.
Complete the following steps to remove a low-profile PCIe x16 adapter in the shuttle.
Watch the procedure
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
- Remove the adapter cassette.
- Slide the release latch to the open position.
- Slide the adapter cassette out of the shuttle.Figure 2. Adapter cassette removal
- Remove the adapter from the adapter cassette.
- Remove the screw.
- Loosen the rear bracket screws.
- Slide the rear bracket away from the adapter and carefully remove the adapter from the cassette.Figure 3. Adapter removalAttentionMake sure no components contacts the cassette sheet metal edges when removing the adapter from the cassette.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.