Install the CMOS battery (CR2032)
Use this information to install the CMOS battery.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.Do not:
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
- S005CAUTIONThe battery is a lithium ion battery. To avoid possible explosion, do not burn the battery. Exchange it only with the approved part. Recycle or discard the battery as instructed by local regulations.
Before you install the CMOS battery:
Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
|1 CMOS battery|
The following notes describe information that you must consider when replacing the system battery in the node.
- When replacing the system battery, you must replace it with a lithium battery of the same type from the same manufacturer.
- After you replace the system-board battery, you must reconfigure the node and reset the system date and time.
- To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
Complete the following steps to install the CMOS battery.
- Follow any special handling and installation instructions that come with the CMOS battery.
- Insert the new CMOS battery:
- Orient the battery so that the positive side faces up.
- Tilt the battery so that you can insert it into the socket on the side opposite the battery clip.Figure 2. CMOS battery installation
- Press the battery down into the socket until it clicks into place. Make sure that the battery clip holds the battery securely.
After you install a CMOS battery, complete the following steps:
Reinstall the PCIe riser-cage assembly (see Install an adapter or Install an Internal Faceplate Transition (IFT) adapter).
Reinstall the tray cover (see Install the tray cover).
Reinstall the tray (see Install a DWC tray in the enclosure).
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate both nodes are ready to be powered on.