Install a DWC tray in the enclosure
Use this information to install a DWC tray in the enclosure.
Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Complete the following steps to install a DWC tray in the enclosure.
- Select the tray bay. Attention
To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the ThinkSystem DW612 Neptune DWC Enclosure Type 7D1L without a DWC tray or tray bay filler installed in each tray bay.
- If you are reinstalling a DWC tray that you removed, you must install it in the same tray bay from which you removed it. Some DWC tray configuration information and update options are established according to tray bay number. Reinstalling a DWC tray into a different tray bay can have unintended consequences. If you reinstall the DWC tray into a different tray bay, you might have to reconfigure the DWC nodes in the tray.
- Make sure that the front handles on the DWC tray are in the open position.
- Insert the DWC tray into the tray bay until it stops.
- Rotate the front handles on the front of the DWC tray to the closed position to secure the tray in the enclosure.NoteAfter the
DWC tray is installed, the XCC in the DWC tray initializes. This process takes approximately 110 seconds. The power LED flashes rapidly, and the power button on the DWC tray does not respond until this process is complete.
- Press the power buttons to turn on both nodes in the DWC tray.
- Make sure that the power LED on the node control panel is lit continuously, indicating that the each node is receiving power and is turned on.
- If you have other trays to install, do so now.
If this is the initial installation of the DWC tray in the enclosure, you must configure the DWC tray through the Setup utility and install the DWC tray operating system.
If you have changed the configuration of the DWC tray or if you are installing a different DWC tray from the one that you removed, you must configure the DWC tray through the Setup utility, and you might have to install the DWC tray operating system.