Remove the M.2 backplane
Use this information to remove the M.2 backplane.
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
Read the Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Complete the following steps to remove the M.2 backplane.
Figure 1. M.2 backplane removal
Remove the M.2 backplane from the system board by pulling up on both ends of the backplane at the same time.