Install the air baffle
Use this procedure to install the air baffle.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Make sure to close the retaining clips on each end of all the memory module connectors.
- Install the air baffle.
Figure 1. Installing the air baffleAttention
- Align the pins on air baffle with the pin holes on the sides of the compute node.
- Lower the air baffle into the compute node.
- Press the air baffle down until it is securely seated.
For proper cooling and airflow, reinstall the air baffle before you turn on the compute node. Operating the compute node without the air baffle installed might damage compute node components.
To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the compute node without an M.2 backplane assembly or an M.2 backplane assembly filler installed on the air baffle.
- Make sure either an M.2 backplane assembly or an M.2 backplane assembly filler is installed on the air baffle.
To install the M.2 backplane assembly or to connect M.2 backplane assembly cables to M.2 backplane, see Install the M.2 backplane assembly.
To install the M.2 backplane assembly filler, see Install the M.2 backplane assembly filler.
Ensure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside the compute node.