Install the compute node cover
Use this procedure to install the compute node cover.
About this task
If you are replacing the cover, make sure that you have the system service label kit on hand for use during the replacement procedure. See Parts list for more information.
You cannot insert the compute node into the Lenovo Flex System Enterprise Chassis until the cover is installed and closed. Do not attempt to override this protection.
- Make sure that all components have been reassembled correctly and that no tools or loose screws are left inside the compute node.
- Make sure the retention clips for the I/O expansion adapters are all in closed position.
- Make sure the air baffle is installed. See Install the air baffle.
- Install the top cover.
Figure 1. Compute node cover installation
- Align the posts inside the cover with the slots on the sides of compute node.
- Place down the cover on the compute node.
- Hold the front of the compute node and slide the cover forward to the closed position, until it clicks into place.