Remove the compute node cover
Use this information to remove the cover from the compute node.
- S014CAUTIONHazardous voltage, current, and energy levels might be present. Only a qualified service technician is authorized to remove the covers where the label is attached.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis (see Remove the compute node from the chassis).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
To remove the compute node cover, complete the following steps:
- Press on the release button and the push point at the same time and slide the cover toward the rear of the compute node.
- Lift the cover away from the compute node.Figure 1. Compute node cover removal
- Lay the cover flat or store it for future use.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.