Install the M.2 boot adapter
Use this information to install the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
The following illustration might differ slightly from your hardware, but the installation method is the same
- Install the M.2 boot adapter to the PCIe adapter.
- Align the M.2 boot adapter with the T-head pin on the PCIe adapter and slide it in place as shown.
- Tighten the captive screw on the M.2 boot adapter.
- Tighten the screw to secure the M.2 boot adapter to the PCIe adapter.Figure 1. Installing the M.2 boot adapter
- Install the power and signal cables to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Connect both cables.
- Fasten the screw that secures the signal cable to the M.2 boot adapter.Figure 2. Connecting the power and signal cables
After you finish
Install the M.2 drives to the M.2 boot adapter. See Install an M.2 drive.
Install the M.2 boot adapter assembly to the PCIe riser assembly or PCIe slot 3. See Install a PCIe adapter (Riser) or Install the PCIe adapter (Slot 3).
Connect the M.2 boot adapter cables to the system board. See M.2 boot adapter cable routing.
Install the top cover. See Install the top cover.
Complete the parts replacement. See Complete the parts replacement.