Remove the M.2 boot adapter
Follow instructions in this section to remove the M.2 boot adapter.
About this task
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables. See Power off the server.
If the server is installed in a rack, remove the server from the rack.
The following illustration might differ slightly from your hardware, but the removal method is the same
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- Disconnect the M.2 boot adapter cables from the system board. See M.2 boot adapter cable routing.
- Remove the M.2 boot adapter assembly from the PCIe riser assembly or PCIe slot 3. See Remove a PCIe adapter (Riser) or Remove the PCIe adapter (Slot 3).
- Remove the M.2 drives from the M.2 boot adapter. See Remove an M.2 drive.
- Disconnect the power and signal cables from the M.2 boot adapter.
- Loosen the screw that secures the power and signal cables to the M.2 boot adapter.
- Disconnect all the cables.Figure 1. Disconnecting the power and signal cables
- Remove the M.2 boot adapter from the PCIe adapter.
- Remove the screw that secures the M.2 boot adapter to the PCIe adapter.
- Loosen the captive screw on the M.2 boot adapter.
- Slightly slide the M.2 boot adapter and carefully separate it from the PCIe adapter as shown.Figure 2. Removing the M.2 boot adapter
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.