Remove a GPU adapter
Use this information to remove a GPU adapter.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Depending on the specific type, your GPU adapter might look different from the illustration in this topic.
Use any documentation that comes with the GPU adapter and follow those instructions in addition to the instructions in this topic.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- (Optional) If the riser assembly that has the GPU adapter is installed on riser 3 slot, disconnect the power cable from the GPU adapter.
- Remove the riser assembly from the system board.Figure 1. Removing the riser assembly
- (Optional) If the riser assembly is installed on riser 1 or riser 2 slot, disconnect the power cable from the GPU adapter.
- Remove the GPU adapter from the riser bracket.Figure 2. Removing the GPU adapter
- (Optional) If the removed GPU adapter is a single-wide GPU adapter, remove the corresponding add-on air baffle.Figure 3. Removing the add-on air baffle
- Install GPU fillers to any empty slots on the GPU air baffle.Figure 4. Installing the GPU filler
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old GPU adapter, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.