Remove a flash power module
Follow instructions in this section to remove a flash power module.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the flash power module.Figure 1. Removing flash power module from vertical holderFigure 2. Removing flash power module from horizontal holder
- Press and release the retaining latch.
- Rotate the flash power module away.
- Remove the flash power module.
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit (see Install a flash power module).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
- If you plan to remove or recycle the flash power module holder:
Vertical holderFigure 3. Removing the vertical holder
- Remove the screw that secures the holder to the riser.
- Slide the holder forward slightly to disengage it from the riser, and remove the holder.
- Remove the screw that secures the holder bracket to the riser, and remove the bracket from the riser.Figure 4. Removing the holder bracket from the PCIe riser
- Remove the holder from the bracket.Figure 5. Removing the horizontal holder from the bracket
- Remove the screw that secures the holder to the bracket.
- Slide the holder forward slightly to disengage it from the bracket, and remove the holder.
- Remove the screw that secures the holder bracket to the riser, and remove the bracket from the riser.
Then, recycle the component in compliance with local regulations.