Install a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive
Follow instructions in this section to install a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
|Drive backplane||Drive bay||Supported drive backplane||Supported drive|
|1||1||0 to 7|
|2||2||8 to 15|
|3||3||16 to 23|
|4||4||24 to 31|
|5||5||32 to 39|
|6||6||40 to 47|
- DRAM DIMMs with 64 GB or larger capacity
- Processors with 250 or more watts
For a complete list of supported optional device for this server, see Lenovo ServerProven website.
- If a drive filler has been installed in the drive bay, remove it.
- Gently rotate the release latch away to unlock the drive handle.
- Slide the drive into the drive bay, and push it until it stops.Figure 2. Installing a 2.5-inch drive
- Rotate the handle back to the locked position.
After this task is completed
- Check the drive status LED to verify if the drive is operating correctly:
NoteIf the server is configured for RAID operation through a ThinkSystem RAID adapter, you might have to reconfigure your disk arrays after you install drives. See the ThinkSystem RAID adapter documentation for additional information about RAID operation and complete instructions for using ThinkSystem RAID adapter.
- If the yellow LED is lit continuously, it is malfunctioning and must be replaced.
- If the green LED is flashing, the drive is functioning.
- If any of the drive bays are left empty, fill them with drive bay fillers.