Install the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- Make preparations for this task.
- If necessary, secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage with three screws.Figure 1. Installing the 7mm drive backplanes
- If necessary, secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage with three screws.
- Install the 7mm drive cage.Figure 2. Installing the 7mm drive cage
- Slide the drive cage into the slot in the PCIe expansion tray, and align the screw holes on the drive cage with those on the tray.
- Secure the drive cage with two screws.
- Connect the cable to the system board.Figure 3. 7mm drive cage cable routing
Table 1. 7mm drive cage cables 1 7mm drive PCIe connector 2 7mm drive power connector
After this task is completed
- Fill the drive bays with 7mm drives or fillers (see Install a 7mm drive).
Proceed to complete the parts replacement (see Complete the parts replacement).