Remove the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to remove the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- If drives or fillers have been installed, remove them (see Remove a 7mm drive).
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Remove the PCIe bracket cage from Zone 2 next to the power supplies (see Remove a 4U PCIe riser cage).
- Disconnect the cables from the 7mm drive cage.
- Remove the 7mm drive cage.Figure 1. Removing the 7mm drive cage
- Remove the two screws that secure the drive cage.
- Slide the drive cage forward to remove it.
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit or a filler (Install the 7mm drive cage).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
- If you plan to recycle the component:
- Remove the three screws that secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage.Figure 2. Disassembling the 7mm drive cage
- Recycle the component in compliance with local regulations.
- Remove the three screws that secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage.