Remove a hot-swap power supply unit
Follow instructions in this section to remove a hot-swap power supply unit.
About this task
To avoid a shock hazard:
- To connect or disconnect -48V dc power cords when you need to remove/replace install redundancy power supply unit(s).
Never remove the cover on a power supply or any part that has this label attached. Hazardous voltage, current, and energy levels are present inside any component that has this label attached. There are no serviceable parts inside these components. If you suspect a problem with one of these parts, contact a service technician.
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
240 V dc input (input range: 180-300 V dc) is supported in Chinese Mainland ONLY.
Power supply with 240 V dc input cannot support hot-plugging power cord function. Before removing the power supply with dc input, please turn off server or disconnect dc power sources at the breaker panel or by turning off the power source. Then, remove the power cord.
- Make preparations for this task.
- If CMA has been installed, do the following:Figure 1. Adjusting CMA
NoteMake sure the cables are secured to the CMA with cable straps.
- Press down the stop bracket and rotate it to the open position.
- Rotate the CMA out of the way to gain access to the power supply bay.
- If CMA has been installed, do the following:
- Remove the power supply.Figure 2. Removing the power supply
- Press and hold on the orange release tab.
- Grasp the handle and slide the power supply unit out from the server.
After this task is completed
- Fill the power supply bay with a replacement unit or a filler (see Install a hot-swap power supply unit).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.