Replacing the 2.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drive backplane
Use this information to replace the 2.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drive backplane.
If you are replacing a server component in the server, you need to slide the server out from the rack enclosure, turn off the server and peripheral devices, and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
To replace the 2.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drive backplane, complete the following steps:
- Reconnect all cables that you removed from the hard disk drive backplane.
- Align the backplane with the backplane alignment slots in the chassis.
- Lower the backplane into the slot in the chassis until the front tab clicks into the latches on the chassis.Figure 1. 2.5-inch hot-swap hard disk drive backplane installation
- Reinstall the hard disk drives and filler panels (see Replacing a hot-swap hard disk drive).
- Reinstall the cover (see Replacing the cover).
What to do next
- Install the server into the rack enclosure and push the server into the rack until it clicks into place.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.