Removing the server top cover
Use this information to remove the cover.
To remove the server top cover, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins in Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server (see Turning off the server) and all attached peripheral devices. Disconnect all power cords; then, disconnect all external cables as necessary to replace the device.
- If the server has been installed in a rack, press the two release latches on the front of the server and remove the server out of the rack enclosure.AttentionTwo or more people are required to remove the system from a rack cabinet.
- Loosen the two thumbscrews that secure the cover to the rear of the server.
- Press on the two blue grip points and slide the cover toward the rear; then, lift the cover off the server and set it aside. Figure 1. Cover removal
If you have other devices to install or remove, do so now. Otherwise, go to Completing the installation.