Replacing the heat-sink retention module
Use this information to replace the heat-sink retention module.
To install a heat-sink retention module, complete the following steps:
- Read the safety information that begins on Safety and Installation guidelines.
- Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables.
- Remove the cover (see Removing the cover).
- Remove the air baffle (see Removing the air baffle).
- Align the retention module with the holes on the system board.
- Use a screwdriver to reinstall the four screws.Figure 1. Heat-sink retention module installation
- Reinstall the heat sink (see Replacing a microprocessor and heat sink).AttentionMake sure that you install each heat sink with its paired microprocessor.
- Reinstall the air baffle (see Replacing the air baffle).
- Install the cover (see Replacing the cover).
- Slide the server into the rack.
- Reconnect the power cords and any cables that you removed.
- Turn on the peripheral devices and the server.