CMM cannot ping the CMM in a different chassis
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot a CMM that cannot ping the CMM in a different chassis.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Make sure that the Chassis Management Modules are powered on and the applicable ports are enabled.
- If the CMM is powered on and hung, reset the CMM.
- Make sure that the IMM, the management node, and the CMMs are all on the same subnet.
- Verify that the cables between the CMMs and the top-of-rack switch are correctly connected and that the activity LEDs are lit on the applicable ports. Make sure that the applicable ports are enabled in the I/O module.
- If you are using a DHCP server for the management network, make sure that the CMM is configured correctly.
- Connect the CMM to a different port on the top-of-rack switch. Make sure that the activity LEDs are lit on the port and that the port is enabled.
- Check Lenovo Data Center Support site for any firmware updates that might apply to this problem. You can view the release notes for a firmware update to determine the issues that the update addresses.
- Check Lenovo Data Center Support site for any service bulletins that are related to network connectivity.
- (Trained service technician only) Complete the following steps:
- Force the link/duplex speed.
- Check the connectors on the CMM and on the chassis midplane to make sure that no pins are bent.
- Replace the CMM that cannot connect to the network.