Single node cannot ping the CMM in the same chassis
Use the information in this section to troubleshoot a single node that cannot ping the CMM on the management network in the same chassis.
Complete the following steps until the problem is solved:
- Make sure that the Chassis Management Module is powered on and the applicable ports are enabled on the CMM.
- Make sure that the compute node IMM has acquired an IP address from the CMM by using the Setup utility on the node.NoteIf the
CMM recently lost connection to the DCHP server, you must reset the IMM by using the CMM interface so that a new IP address can be acquired.
- In the CMM user interface, click Chassis Management > Component IP Configuration and make sure that the IP address that is listed is the same as the IP address that is displayed in the Setup utility. If it is not the same IP address, configure the IMM network settings correctly or reset the IMM to automatically acquire a new IP address.
- Check Lenovo Data Center Support site for any firmware updates that might apply to this problem. You can view the release notes for a firmware update to determine the issues that the update addresses.
- Remove the compute node from the chassis and check the connectors on the back of the node for bent pins. If the pins are bent, contact Support.
- Install the compute node in another node bay to determine whether the problem remains. If the problem remains, make sure that the compute node is connected to a port that has been enabled and that the vLAN settings allow that port to connect to the network.
- Check Lenovo Data Center Support site for any service bulletins that are related to network connectivity.
- (Trained service technician only) Complete the following steps:
- Force the link/duplex speed.
- Check the connectors on the I/O module to make sure that no pins are bent.
- Check the connectors on the chassis midplane to make sure that no pins are bent.
- Remove the CMM and install a working CMM in the same bay.
- If the problem is solved, replace the CMM that you removed.
- If the problem remains, replace the chassis midplane.