Installing a 2-bay compute node
You can install up to seven 2-bay compute nodes in the chassis. A 2-bay device occupies two adjacent node bays (horizontally) in the chassis.
Before you install a compute node in the Flex System Enterprise Chassis, complete the following steps:
- Verify that the compute node is compatible with the chassis. See the Lenovo ServerProven website.
- Make sure that enough power supplies and fan modules are installed in the chassis to support the compute node. See Installing components to determine the number of power supplies and 80 mm fan modules that are required and where they should be installed in your chassis configuration.
- Read the instructions that come with the compute node.
- Make sure that you have installed any optional hardware devices in the compute node.
- Select the bays for the compute node. Two adjacent bays are required.
- Remove the fillers and the chassis shelf from the selected bays, if they are installed. See Removing a chassis shelf for instructions.
To install a 2-bay compute node, complete the following steps.
- Open both release handles (rotate the left handle to the left and rotate the right handle to the right).
- Slide the compute node into the node bays until it is seated.
- Close both release handles.
After you install the compute node, make a note of the compute node identification information on one of the labels that come with the Flex System Enterprise Chassis. Place a label on the node label tab and on the adjacent chassis label plate, to the left of the compute node. See User labels for more information.
Do not place the label on the
compute node or in any way block the ventilation holes on the chassis.