Remove a RAID adapter from the compute node
Use this information to remove a RAID adapter from the compute node.
Before you remove a RAID adapter from the compute node:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
Complete the following steps to remove a RAID adapter from the compute node.
Watch the procedure
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
Figure 1. RAID adapter removal
- Push the blue release latch.
- Tilt the adapter to remove it from the node.
- Disconnect the SAS/SATA cables (up to two) from the underside of the adapter.
- Disconnect the PCIe cable from the underside of the adapter.Figure 2. Cable removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.