Remove the PCIe riser assembly
Use this information to remove the PCIe riser assembly.
About this taskProcedure
Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Turn off the corresponding compute node on which you are going to perform the task.
- Remove the compute node from the enclosure (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
- Remove the components listed below from the compute node in the following order:
Node front cover (see Remove the node front cover).
Front air baffle (see Remove the front air baffle).
- Remove the PCIe riser assembly from the compute node.
- Loosen the captive screw on the PCIe riser assembly.
- Carefully grasp the PCIe riser assembly by its edges and lift it out of the compute node tray.NoteThe PCIe riser assembly is located on the left side of the compute node as illustrated while the drive cage assembly is on the right.Figure 1. PCIe riser assembly removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all of the packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.