Install a drive cage assembly
Use this information to install a drive cage assembly.
About this task
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
Ensure the drives are installed correctly into the drive cage assembly (see Install a drive in a compute node).
Ensure you have “SD650 V2 or SD650-N V2 Neptune DWC Waterloop Service Kit “ in hand to install components.
- Remove the blank bezel fillers if they are installed.Figure 1. Blank bezel filler removal
- Connect the cable connector to the system board and route the cable as the following illustration.Figure 2. Drive assembly installation
- If the gap pad located on the reverse side of the drive cage is damaged or missing, replace it with the new one.Figure 3. Gap pad
- Install the drive cage assembly and fasten the three screws.
One-drive cage assemblyFigure 4. One-drive cage assembly installation
Two-drive cage assemblyFigure 5. Two-drive cage assembly installation
After you finish
Reinstall the tray cover (see Install the tray cover).
Reinstall the tray (see Install a DWC tray in the enclosure).NoteFor safety, use the lift tool to install the tray into the rack.
- Connect all required external cables to the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to connect QSFP cables to the enclosure if Mellanox ConnectX-6 adapters are installed.
Check the power LED on each node to make sure it changes from fast blink to slow blink to indicate all nodes are ready to be powered on.