Remove a drive cage assembly
Use this information to remove a drive cage assembly.
About this task
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Disconnect the drive cable.
- Remove the 3 screws and remove the drive assembly out of the node.
One-drive cage assemblyFigure 1. One-drive cage assembly removal
Two-drive cage assemblyFigure 2. Two-drive cage assembly removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.