System reliability guidelines
Review the system reliability guidelines to ensure proper system cooling and reliability.
Make sure the following requirements are met:
- When the server comes with redundant power, a power supply must be installed in each power-supply bay.
- Adequate space around the server must be spared to allow server cooling system to work properly. Leave approximately 50 mm (2.0 in.) of open space around the front and rear of the server. Do not place any object in front of the fans.
- For proper cooling and airflow, refit the server cover before you turn the power on. Do not operate the server for more than 30 minutes with the server cover removed, for it might damage server components.
- Cabling instructions that come with optional components must be followed.
- All processor sockets must contain either a socket cover or a processor.