Remove the Embedded Network Module and WLAN module
See this topic to learn how to remove the Embedded Network Module and WLAN module.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work with safety.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
If applicable, remove the security bezel (see Remove the security bezel).
- Remove both WLAN antennas (see Remove a WLAN antenna).
Remove the top covers (see Remove the top covers).
Remove the air baffle (see Remove the air baffle).
Remove both PCIe riser assemblies (see Remove the PCIe riser assemblies and adapters).
- Remove the M.2 boot adapter (see Remove the M.2 boot adapter and drives).
- Loosen the two captive screws, and lift the Embedded Network Module to remove it from the chassis.Figure 1. Removing the Embedded Network Module
- If necessary, remove the WLAN module and WLAN antenna cables.
- Remove the screw that secures the WLAN module to the Embedded Network Module. Then, rotate the module away, and remove it from the Embedded Network Module.Figure 2. Removing the WLAN module
- Slide the cable holder out from the WLAN module.Figure 3. Removing the cable holder
- Hook the WLAN antenna cables with the wrench that comes in the air baffle as shown, and remove the cables from the WLAN module.Figure 4. Removing the antenna cables
- If necessary, remove the hex nuts and washers that secure the antenna cables with the wrench that comes in the air baffle.Figure 5. Removing a WLAN antenna cable
1 Hex nut 2 Washer 3 Antenna cableFigure 6. Antenna locations 1 Antenna 1 2 Antenna 2
- Remove the screw that secures the WLAN module to the Embedded Network Module. Then, rotate the module away, and remove it from the Embedded Network Module.
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit (see Install the Embedded Network Module and WLAN module).
- If there is a plan of recycling the Embedded Network Module, remove the four screws that secure the board to the bracket. Then, separate the board and the bracket, and recycle the parts in compliance with the local regulations.Figure 7. Disassembling the Embedded Network Module
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.