Install a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive
Use this information to install a 2.5-inch drive.
About this task
Read Safety inspection checklist and Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
There are two 2.5-inch drive bays in the compute node. If the compute node is already equipped with one 2.5-inch drive, you can install an additional 2.5-inch drive. RAID level-0 (striping) can be configured on a compute node with a single drive installed. A minimum of two disk drives of the same interface type must be installed to implement and manage RAID level-1 (mirroring) arrays. See the ThinkSystem SN550 V2 Setup Guide for more information.
- Locate the drive bay in which you are installing the drive.
- If a drive bay filler is installed in the drive bay, remove it by pulling the release lever and sliding the filler away from the compute node.
- Touch the static-protective package that contains the hot-swap drive to any unpainted metal surface on the Lenovo Flex System Enterprise Chassis or any unpainted metal surface on any other grounded rack component; then, remove the drive from the package.
- Install the 2.5-inch hot-swap drive.
Figure 1. 2.5-inch hot-swap drive installation
- Keep the handle on the drive open, then slide the drive into drive bay until the drive handle catches on the bezel.
- Rotate the handle and secure it to the latch. The drive will be seated fully in the bay.