Remove the storage cage
Use this information to remove the storage cage.
Before you remove the storage cage, complete the following steps:
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis (see Remove the compute node from the chassis).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
To remove the storage cage, complete the following steps:
Figure 1. Storage cage removal
- Remove the bezel (see Remove the bezel).
- Remove any storage drives, optional drive components, and drive bay fillers and set them aside on a static-protective surface (see Remove a 2.5-inch hot-swap drive).
- Remove the 2.5” drive backplane (see Remove the 2.5-inch drive backplane ).
- Using a T10 Torx screwdriver, remove the four screws from the cage and rotate the cage from under the compute node front panel; then, remove the cage from the compute node at an angle.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.