Remove the front 3.5-inch-drive backplane
Use this information to remove the front 3.5-inch-drive backplane.
About this task
Read Installation guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
- Prepare your server.
- Remove the backplane from the chassis.Figure 1. 3.5-inch-drive backplane removal
- Open the release latches that secure the backplane.
- Rotate the backplane backward slightly to release it from the three pins on the front drive cage.
- Slightly lift the backplane up.
- Record the cable connections on the backplane and then disconnect all cables from the backplane. See 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane cable routing (power) and 2.5-inch/3.5-inch drive backplane cable routing (signal).
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the old backplane, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.