Remove the system fan cage
Use this information to remove the system fan cage.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the server and disconnect all power cords for this task.
Prevent exposure to static electricity, which might lead to system halt and loss of data, by keeping static-sensitive components in their static-protective packages until installation, and handling these devices with an electrostatic-discharge wrist strap or other grounding system.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Remove the top cover. See Remove the top cover.
- (Optional) If you are replacing the system fan cage, remove all system fans first. See Remove a system fan.If you are removing the system fan cage to access other components, you can remove it with the system fans installed.
- Remove the system fan cage.Figure 1. System fan cage removal
- Rotate the levers of the system fan cage to the rear of the server.
- Lift the system fan cage straight up and out of the chassis.
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the defective component, follow all packaging instructions and use any packaging materials that are provided.