Install the 7mm drive cage
Follow instructions in this section to install the 7mm drive cage.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the component to any unpainted metal surface on the server; then, remove it from the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- If necessary, secure the two drive backplanes to the drive cage with three screws.Figure 1. Installing the 7mm drive backplanes
- Install the 7mm drive cage to the x16/x16 (x8 lanes) PCIe riser with 7mm drive cage bracket.Figure 2. Installing the 7mm drive cage to the riser
- Align the drive cage with the slot on the riser.
- Rotate the other end of the cage inwards.
- Secure the drive cage to the riser with two screws.