Remove the operator panel tray assembly
Use this procedure to remove the operator panel tray assembly.
Before removing the operator panel tray assembly:
Read the safety information and installation guidelines (see Safety and Installation Guidelines).
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
To remove the operator panel tray assembly, complete the following steps:
- Remove the fan cage assembly (see Remove the fan cage assembly).
- Disconnect USB cables and front operator panel cable from the system board.Figure 1. USB 2.0 cable and front operator panel cable
Table 1. USB 2.0 cable and front operator panel cable 1 USB 2.0 cable 2 Front operator panel cableNoteMake sure the USB 3.0 connector stays vertical when being removed from the system board.Figure 2. Removing USB 3.0 connector vertically
- Remove the USB 3.0 cable from the cable guide.
- Remove the screw that secures the tray assembly.
- Grasp the tab on the rear of the tray assembly, and push it out from the server.Figure 3. Operator panel tray assembly removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.