Install the system board
Use this procedure to install the system board.
Before installing the system board:
To install the system board, complete the following steps:
- Lower the short side of the system board and align it with the slots in the server; then, lower the longer side.Figure 1. System board installtion
- Slide the system board toward the rear of the server to secure it in place. To ensure that the system board is properly installed, gently tug handle of system board forward, a properly installed system board will not release and slide forward.
- Install the TCM/TPM to the system board (see Install the TCM/TPM adapter (for Chinese Mainland only)).
- Install each memory module to the same slot on the new system board as on the defective system board (see Install a memory module) until all the memory modules are installed.
- Install the PHMs (see Install a processor and heat sink).
- Install PCIe riser-card assembly if necessary (see Install the PCIe riser-card assembly).
- Install adapters removed earlier (see Install an adapter).
- Install LOM adapter if necessary (see Install the LOM adapter).
- Reconnect the cables disconnected earlier.
- Reinstall the power supplies (see Install a hot-swap power supply unit).
- Reinstall the drive backplanes (see Install a drive backplane).
After installing the system board, complete the following steps:
Reinstall the processor and memory expansion tray and expansion tray air baffles (see Install the processor and memory expansion tray).
Push the power supplies into the bays until they click into place.
Install any components that you removed from the failing system board. See the related topics in “Hardware replacement procedures.”
Update the machine type and serial number with new vital product data (VPD). Use the Lenovo XClarity Provisioning Manager to update the machine type and serial number. See Update the machine type and serial number.
Enable TPM/TCM. See Enable TPM/TCM
Optionally, enable Secure Boot. See Enable UEFI Secure Boot.