Remove the LCD diagnostics panel
Follow instructions in this section to remove the LCD diagnostics panel.
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Remove both PCIe riser cages or fillers, the chassis air baffle, and the PCIe expansion tray (see Remove a 4U PCIe riser cage, Remove the chassis air baffle, and Remove the 4U PCIe expansion tray).
- Remove the system board air baffle (see Remove the system board air baffle) or the processor and memory expansion tray and the expansion tray air baffle (see Remove the processor and memory expansion tray).
- Remove the fan cage assembly (see Remove the fan cage assembly).
- Disconnect the LCD diagnostics panel cable.Figure 1. Disconnecting the LCD diagnostics panel cable
- Remove the LCD diagnostics panel.Figure 2. Removing the LCD diagnostics panel
- Press and hold on the two release tabs on the top of the server.
- Grasp and pull the assembly to remove it from the server.
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit (see Install the LCD diagnostics panel).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.