Remove the power backplane
Follow instructions in this section to remove the power backplane.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the top cover (see Remove the top cover).
- Remove both PCIe riser cages or fillers, the chassis air baffle, and the PCIe expansion tray (see Remove a 4U PCIe riser cage, Remove the chassis air baffle, and Remove the 4U PCIe expansion tray).
- Remove the fan cage assembly (see Remove the fan cage assembly).
- Remove the system board air baffle (see Remove the system board air baffle) or the processor and memory expansion tray and the expansion tray air baffle (see Remove the processor and memory expansion tray).
- Gently pull and disengage every installed power supply unit.
- Disconnect the power backplane cable and remove if from the cable clip.Figure 1. Disconnecting the power backplane cable
- Grasp and lift the power backplane to remove it.Figure 2. Removing the power backplane
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit (see Install the power backplane).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
- If you plan to recycle the component:
- Remove the six screws, and separate the backplane from the bracket.Figure 3. Disassembling the power backplane
- Recycle the component in compliance with local regulations.
- Remove the six screws, and separate the backplane from the bracket.