Changing BIOS settings before installing a new operating system
BIOS settings vary by operating system. Change BIOS settings before installing a new operating system.
To change BIOS settings, complete the following steps:
- Start the Setup Utility program, see Starting the Setup Utility program.
- From the main interface, select Enter. and press
- Depending on the operating system to be installed, do one of the following:
To install the Windows client, select Enabled and press Enter.
To install an operating system other than Windows , select Disabled and press Enter.
- Select Yes in the window displayed and press Enter to confirm the selection.
- To save settings and exit the Setup Utility program, press F10; then, select Yes in the displayed window, and press Enter.