Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) error messages
This section details the Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) error messages.
When a hardware event is detected by the Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) on the server, the Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) logs that event in the system-event log in the server.
- Event identifier
- A hexadecimal identifier that uniquely identifies an event or class of events. In this documentation, the event identifiers are prefixed with 0x and followed by eight characters.
- Event description
- The logged message string that appears for an event. When the event string is displayed in the event log, information such as a specific component is displayed. In this documentation, that additional information appears as variables, such as [arg1] or [arg2].
- Provides additional information to explain why the event occurred.
- An indication of the level of concern for the condition. In the system-event log, severity is abbreviated to the first character. The following severities can be displayed.
- The event was recorded for audit purposes, usually a user action or a change of states that is normal behavior.
- The event is not as severe as an error, but if possible, the condition should be corrected before it becomes an error. It might also be a condition that requires additional monitoring or maintenance.
- The event is a failure or critical condition that impairs service or an expected function.
- Alert Category
- Similar events are grouped together in categories. The alert category is in the following format:
severity - deviceseverity is one of the following severity levels:
- Critical: A key component in the server is no longer functioning.
- Warning: The event might progress to a critical level.
- System: The event is the result of a system error or a configuration change.
device is the specific device in the server that caused the event to be generated.
- Specifies whether user action is required to correct the problem.
- CIM Information
- Provides the prefix of the message ID and the sequence number that is used by the CIM message registry.
- SNMP Trap ID
- The SNMP trap ID that is found in the SNMP alert management information base (MIB).
- Automatically contact Service
- If this field is set to Yes, and you have enabled Electronic Service Agent (ESA), IBM Support will be notified automatically if the event is generated.
While you wait for IBM Support to call, you can perform the recommended actions for the event.
- User response
- Indicates what actions you should perform to solve the event.Perform the steps listed in this section in the order shown until the problem is solved. After you perform all of the actions that are described in this field, if you cannot solve the problem, contact IBM Support.NoteThis list includes error codes and messages that might not apply to this machine type and model.
The following is the list of Integrated Management Module II (IMM2) error messages and suggested actions to correct the detected server problems. For more information about Integrated Management Module II (IMM2), see the Integrated Management Module II User's Guide at the User's Guide for Integrated Management Module II.