Install the CMOS battery (CR2032)
Use this information to install the CMOS battery.
- S002CAUTIONThe power-control button on the device and the power switch on the power supply do not turn off the electrical current supplied to the device. The device also might have more than one power cord. To remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
When replacing the lithium battery, use only Lenovo specified part number or an equivalent type battery recommended by the manufacturer. If your system has a module containing a lithium battery, replace it only with the same module type made by the same manufacturer. The battery contains lithium and can explode if not properly used, handled, or disposed of.Do not:
- Throw or immerse into water
- Heat to more than 100°C (212°F)
- Repair or disassemble
Dispose of the battery as required by local ordinances or regulations.
Before you install the CMOS battery:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node (see Remove a compute node from the enclosure).
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
The following notes describe information that you must consider when replacing the system battery in the node.
- When replacing the system battery, you must replace it with a lithium battery of the same type from the same manufacturer.
- After you replace the system-board battery, you must reconfigure the node and reset the system date and time.
- To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
Complete the following steps to install the CMOS battery.
- Follow any special handling and installation instructions that come with the CMOS battery.
- Insert the new CMOS battery:
- Orient the battery so that the positive side faces up.
- Tilt the battery so that you can insert it into the socket on the side opposite the battery clip.Figure 1. CMOS battery installation
- Press the battery down into the socket until it clicks into place. Make sure that the battery clip holds the battery securely.
After you install the CMOS battery, complete the following steps:
Reinstall the compute node cover (see Install the compute node cover).
Reinstall the compute node (see Install a compute node in the enclosure).
Check the power LED to make sure it transitions between fast blink and slow blink to indicate the node is ready to be powered on.