Remove the EIOM
Use this information to remove the EIOM.
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Power off all the compute nodes and peripheral devices (see Power off the compute node).
Disengage all the compute nodes from the enclosure.
Disconnect the power cords and all external cables from the rear of the enclosure.
If the cable management arm is installed, remove it (see Remove the cable management arm).
Remove the shuttle (see Remove the shuttle) and place it on the stable work surface.
Complete the following steps to remove the EIOM.
For 10GbE cage (SFP+) modelFigure 1. EIOM removal
For 10GBASE-T cage (RJ-45) modelFigure 2. EIOM removal
For EIOM fillerFigure 3. EIOM filler removal
- Disconnect two cables from the EIOM. (Skip this step for the EIOM filler)NoteMake sure you push the release latch only when disconnecting the signal cable.
- Turn the thumbscrews counterclockwise.
- Grasp and push the EIOM slightly towards the front side of the shuttle.
- Lift the EIOM up to remove the EIOM from the shuttle.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.