Remove the fan cover
Use this information to remove the fan cover.
To avoid possible danger, read and follow the following safety statement.
- S017CAUTIONHazardous moving fan blades nearby. Keep fingers and other body parts away.
Hazardous energy present. Voltages with hazardous energy might cause heating when shorted with metal, which might result in spattered metal, burns, or both.
Before you remove the fan cover:
- Read the following section(s) to ensure that you work safely.
Slide the enclosure out of the rack.
Complete the following steps to remove the fan cover.
Watch the procedure
- A video of the installation and removal process is available at YouTube
Figure 1. Fan cover removal
- Turn the thumbscrews counterclockwise.
- Push the fan cover slightly towards the front side of the enclosure; then, lift the cover up.
- Lay the cover flat or store it for future use.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.