Remove a PCIe adapter
Use this information to remove a PCIe adapter.
About this task
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- Use extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.Figure 1. Disconnecting QSFP cables from SD650 V2 trayFigure 2. Disconnecting QSFP cables from SD650-N V2 tray
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray (see Install a DWC tray in the enclosure).Attention
For safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Remove the tray cover (see Remove the tray cover).
- Remove the PCIe riser assembly (see Remove a PCIe riser assembly).
- Remove the tray (see Install a DWC tray in the enclosure).
- There are different procedures for removing a general adapter or a ConnectX-6 adapter, follow the corresponding steps to complete the removal procedures.General adapter removal
Mellanox ConnectX-6 adapter removal
Remove the screws; then, grasp the adapter by its edges and carefully pull it out of the PCIe riser-cage.Figure 3. General adapter removal
Remove the screws; then, grasp the adapter by its edges and carefully pull it out of the PCIe riser-cage.Figure 4. Mellanox ConnectX-6 adapter removal
❶ Carefully pull two latches outwards and ❷ open the bottom cable clip cover; then, ❸ remove the cable clip away from the connectors.
❹ Gently grasp and pull the black mylar sheets outwards.
❺ Pull the cable connectors out of the adapter.Figure 5. Cable removal
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.