Remove the M.2 backplane
Use this information to remove the M.2 backplane.
About this task
Electrical current from power, telephone, and communication cables is hazardous.
To avoid a shock hazard:
- Connect all power cords to a properly wired and grounded electrical outlet/source.
- Connect any equipment that will be attached to this product to properly wired outlets/sources.
- When possible, use one hand only to connect or disconnect signal cables.
- Never turn on any equipment when there is evidence of fire, water, or structural damage.
- The device might have more than one power cord, to remove all electrical current from the device, ensure that all power cords are disconnected from the power source.
- Read the following sections to ensure that you work safely.
- Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.NoteIf Shared I/O adapters are installed, power off the auxiliary node (node 1/3/5/7/9/11) first, and then power off the primary node (node 2/4/6/8/10/12).
- Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.NoteUse extra forces to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).Attention
For safety, use the lift tool to remove the tray from the rack.
- Remove the tray cover (see Remove the tray cover).
- Remove the tray (see Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure).
- Remove the M.2 backplane from the system board by pulling up on both ends of the backplane at the same time.Figure 1. M.2 backplane removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.
You can only disassemble the M.2 backplane for recycle. Do not disassemble it for any other purposes.
❶ Carefully slide the retainer out of the slot.
❷ Remove the four screws.
❸ Remove the two retainers and the two mylars.Figure 2. Disassembling M.2 backplane
Recycle the unit in compliance with local regulations.