Remove a DIMM comb
Use this information to remove a DIMM comb.
About this task
Read Installation Guidelines and Safety inspection checklist to ensure that you work safely.
Turn off the corresponding DWC tray that you are going to perform the task on.
Disconnect all external cables from the enclosure.
Use extra force to disconnect QSFP cables if they are connected to the solution.
The following illustration might differ slightly from your hardware, but the installation method is the same.
Watch the procedure
- A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Make preparations for this task.
- Remove the tray from the enclosure. See Remove a DWC tray from the enclosure.
- Remove the tray cover. See Remove the tray cover.
- Remove the memory module tool attached to the DIMM comb.Figure 1. Memory module tool removalNoteMemory module tool is recommended due to space limitations caused by location of water loop tubes through the memory section.
- Gently hold the DIMM comb and removal it out of the chassis.Figure 2. DIMM comb removal
After you finish
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.