Install the power backplane
See this topic to learn how to install the power backplane.
About this task
- Align the power backplane with the two connectors on the system board, and lower it until it is firmly seated.Figure 1. Installing the power backplane
- Connect the power side band cable to the power backplane.
- Secure the power backplane sideband cable to the cable clip.Figure 2. Cable routing for the power backplane and the intrusion switch
Table 1. Cable routing for the power backplane and the intrusion switch From To 1 Intrusion switch cable Intrusion switch Intrusion switch connector 2 Power backplane sideband cable Power backplane Power backplane sideband connector
- Power on the server. Make sure the power LED (green) is lit.
- 1 Power LED (green)
- 2 Power switch
- (If available) Hook the front end of the switch cap to the power backplane, and rotate the other end to secure the cap; then apply the label to the power backplane.Figure 3. Applying the switch cap and label