Remove the power backplane
See this topic to learn how to remove the power backplane.
About this task
Go over Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work with safety.
Turn off the server and peripheral devices and disconnect the power cords and all external cables (see Power off the server).
If the server is installed in a rack, slide the server out on its rack slide rails to gain access to the top cover, or remove the server from the rack.
- Make preparations for this task.
If applicable, remove the security bezel (see Remove the security bezel).
- Remove both power supplies (see Remove a hot-swap power supply unit).
Remove the top covers (see Remove the top covers).
Remove the air baffle (see Remove the air baffle).
Remove the fan cage assembly (see Remove the fan cage assembly).
- Disconnect the sideband cable from the power backplane, and disengage the intrusion switch cable from the power backplane.
- Hold and lift the power backplane to remove it from the chassis.Figure 1. Removing the power backplane
After this task is completed
- Install a replacement unit (see Install the power backplane).
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.