Remove the TCM/TPM adapter (for Chinese Mainland only)
Use this information to remove the TCM/TPM adapter.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
Power off the corresponding compute node that you are going to perform the task on.
Remove the compute node from the chassis (see Remove the compute node from the chassis).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface, orienting the compute node with the bezel pointing toward you.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover).
- When the TCM/TPM adapter is removed, all TCM/TPM adapter functions will be disabled.
To remove the TCM/TPM adapter, complete the following steps:
- Locate the TCM/TPM adapter connector on the system board (see System-board connectors ).
- If an I/O expansion adapter is installed in the I/O expansion 1 connector (see System-board connectors for the location of the connector), you will need to remove it first (see Remove an I/O expansion adapter ), as it will block your access to the TCM/TPM adapter connector.
- Carefully hold the TCM/TPM adapter by its edges; then, gently press on the latch, and lift it from the system board.
If you are instructed to return the component or optional device, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.