Remove an I/O expansion adapter
Use this information to remove an I/O expansion adapter.
Read Installation Guidelines to ensure that you work safely.
- If the compute node is installed in a chassis, remove it (see Remove a compute node for instructions).
- Carefully lay the compute node on a flat, static-protective surface.
Remove the compute node cover (see Remove the compute node cover for instructions).
To remove an I/O expansion adapter, complete the following steps:
|1 I/O expansion adapter
|3 Expansion cover
|2 Retention clips
- Locate the I/O expansion adapter.
- Open the retention clips.
- Lift the I/O expansion adapter from the connector and remove the I/O expansion adapter from the compute node. You might find it helpful to carefully rock the adapter back and forth, from front to rear, to disengage the adapter.ImportantRocking the adapter from side to side might damage the I/O expansion adapter connector.
If you are instructed to return the I/O expansion adapter, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.