Remove a compute node
Use this information to remove a compute node.
To remove a compute node, complete the following steps:
- Release and rotate the front handles to the fully open position, move the node out of the node bay approximately 0.6 cm (0.25 inch) as shown.Attention
- To maintain proper system cooling, do not operate the Flex System chassis without a compute node or node bay filler installed in each node bay.
- When you remove the compute node, note the node bay number. Reinstalling a compute node into a different node bay from the one it was removed from can have unintended consequences. Some configuration information and updates are established according to the node bay number. If you reinstall the compute node into a different node bay, you might have to reconfigure the compute node.
- Pull the compute node about half way out of the node bay. Adjust your hands so you grip the node on either side; then, pull the node out of the bay.
- Install either a node bay filler or another compute node into the node bay.
If you are instructed to return the compute node, follow all packaging instructions, and use any packaging materials for shipping that are supplied to you.