Install the LOM adapter
Use this information to install a LOM adapter.
If riser 1 assembly is installed, remove it to access the LOM adapter slot.
Touch the static-protective package that contains the new LOM adapter to any unpainted surface on the outside of the server. Then, take the new LOM adapter out of the package and place it on a static-protective surface.
- If the server comes with a LOM adapter slot bracket, remove it carefully with a tool. Store the bracket in case that you later remove the LOM adapter and need the bracket to cover the place.CAUTIONUse a tool to remove the LOM adapter slot bracket to avoid injury.
To install the LOM adapter, complete the following steps:
Watch the procedure
A video of this procedure is available at YouTube.
- Insert the LOM adapter into the rear of the chassis at an angle as shown.
- Lower the LOM adapter and slide it to the rear of the chassis until the LOM adapter stops.
- Push the LOM adapter as shown to insert it into the connector on the system board.
- Tighten the thumbscrew to secure the LOM adapter.